Study of the construction of a new depot and buildings at the end of Erasme station. Most of the structure is located under a main road.
- To park the future metro trains, to meet the temporary needs during the automation of Line 5.
- To optimise manoeuvres between the terminus and the servicing zones in the workshop.
- To install a test line alongside the SNCB tracks.
Challenges of the contract
- To obtain permission to build and operate.
- To control the disruption caused by a major project on important road infrastructures.
The mission consisted of:
- Defining the functional programme with the STIB.
- Establishing the route of the tracks to allow for the construction of the buildings and the junction with Line 5.
- To integrate the STIB’s electrical systems in the new facility.
- To specify the equipment dedicated to the servicing and maintenance of the metro trains.
- Needs expression meetings with the customer.
- Proposals of track layouts for the connection with Line 5.
- Support for the architects and the civil works and construction bureau for the consideration of the rail-related imperatives in the design of the structure.
- Production of the technical specifications of the equipment.
- Interfaces between the STIB’s technical departments and the engineering bureau for the electrical systems.
- A Project Manager, specialised in depot design.
- A systems engineer.
- Partners specialising in industrial facilities.