With the adoption in December 2013 of a plan to reduce pollutant emissions from buses, Ile de France Mobilités is planning to adapt its fleet in order to meet the Île-de-France Transport Plan’s target of a 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020-2025. Consequently, Transdev needs to examine the conversion of its vehicle fleet to all-electric.
Transamo provided Transdev with its technical expertise in order to identify a pilot line and the solution (vehicles and charging system) and to define the corresponding budget.
Assistance for the choice of pilot line by analysing the line’s operational data, and in particular:
- the route (topography, imperatives, structures, integration, etc.),
- operations (passenger volumes, frequency/scale, trip times, regularity, etc.),
- rolling stock (number of vehicles, climate control, axillary, etc.),
- the depot (infrastructures, equipment, etc.),
Benchmark of possible solutions and suppliers:
- Presentation of the state of the art of vehicles
- Presentation of the state of the art of charging systems
- Identification of the industrial manufacturers to be approached by Transdev Île-de-France
Drafting of the specifications to be sent to the manufacturers identified as potential suppliers for the costing of the transport system (vehicles and charging system).
Analysis of the proposals of the manufacturers and discussion of their offer.
Summary report describing the solution and its budget to enable Transdev Île-de-France to discuss the implementation of the pilot line with Ile de France Mobilités.