As part of a restructuring study of the bus network in the cities of Rabat, Salé and Témara, carried out by Transitec, Transamo has defined a model for the journeys of the inhabitants of the three cities.
Transamo provided three separate services:
- Management of OD surveys and all-mode censuses (subcontractor: BJ Consult)
- Data analysis and model calibration
- Summary and presentation of the results.
The methodology applied by Transamo may be described as follows:
- Definition of the locations and formats of the surveys required, jointly with the subcontractor and Transitec
- Entry and processing of supply and demand data for all modes (Access, Mapinfo and Excel) to calibrate the model
- Installation of the simulation model (CUBE software).
The cross-referencing of standard data from various sources and the close cooperation between members of the group resulted in a reliable model.