On the 28th April 2018, the Brussels Intercommunal Transport Company (STIB) inaugurated the new Marconi tram depot.
Since the project’s launch, Transamo has played an active role in the AGT consortium alongside Altiplan, a firm of Brussels-based architects, and the Belgian engineering consultancy Grontmij (now Sweco).
For over 10 years, Transamo has applied its knowledge in railway systems to define the general operations on the site, liaising between the operator (STIB) and our partners, and defining the installations and equipment for tram maintenance.
Very recently Transamo also took part in the handover of the equipment.
The Marconi depot in figures:
- Surface area of 27,000 sq. m.
- Stabling for 75 vehicles
- 22 tracks of over 6 kilometers in length
- 172 employees representing 28 different jobs
Ecology was given pride of place in this depot:
- A rain water basin of 695 sq. m.
- A heat pump system for the heating and hot water
- 600 solar panels
- Anti-vibration flooring at the depot entrance
- A 140-metre noise barrier around the depot