The tramway Line 3 extension from Basel to the Saint Louis station was inaugurated on the 9th December 2017 with nearly a thousand guests in attendance.
The celebratory day marked the end of a ten-year cross-border project led by Transamo, which was also appointed as authority’s representative for the Saint Louis urban area for four of those years.
The commitment of teams from the Saint Louis urban area combined with Transamo’s expertise and the collaboration of its Swiss partners made the project of connection between the two areas a brilliant success.
A triumph for Transamo’s first cross-border project.
The Tramway Line 3 project in figures:
- 4 km of new line : 0.8 km in Switzerland and 2.6 km in France
- 5 new stations : 1 station in Switzerland and 4 stations in France
- 5 km of rail tracks
- 644 soldered joints
- 5,000 sq. m. of structural concrete
- More than 2,000 tonnes of granite
- 4,300 sq. m. of turfed areas
- 107 trees planted
- 29 months of construction works
- 135 companies and around 1,000 people worked on the project